Thursday, February 6, 2014
Thursday Thoughts
Linking up with Jen at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom today for Thursday Thoughts!
-Today I packed a lunch in a Skip Hop Zoo Lunchie. For myself. And I brought it to school with me. I've got a super cute dino sitting next to me holding tasty goodies for my tummy! I couldn't help using it. It was only $3.88 and would have cost just about that much just to ship it to someone. I did find a Weekender that I was able to get to a mom who really wanted one!
- It's cold. Not polar vortex cold or anything, but my iPhone says it's 21 degrees, feels like 5. Um, Portland isn't supposed to get this cold! We apparently have a winter snow warning for tonight (3-6 inches) and then another for this weekend which says it will bring more snow. Oh. I just looked and it will bring snow, then sleet and freezing rain. This means we'll get probably 1 inch of snow. Schools are already calling 2 hr early closures...so maybe they are more positive about our weather people.
-I'm tutoring again. I got here really early becasue I didn't want to walk or take the bus so my mom drove me on the way to work. I need to start working on homework and grading. I am the master of procrastination.
-Does anybody else make their loved ones text them when they get to a certain destination? I always ask my mom to text me when she gets to work, so I know she made it there okay!
-My mom is feeling a lot better now. She's getting her energy back! We could walk around Target the other day and we didn't have to stop every few minutes for her to catch her breath!
-My eczema is getting worse and worse. My arms are all red and itchy and the medicine I have for it makes it all dry, flaky, and puckered. At least it's winter so I can wear long sleeves. I might try to make my own lavender oatmeal bath fizzies. I have all the stuff except the..lavender.
-Totally not the season for this...but pro tip for summer: citric acid (vitamin c) neutralizes chlorine. I make a spray of 1c water and 1T citric acid powder - found at Trader Joes and spray it on, rub, then shower like normal. I've also made a bath of it before.
-I think I broke the door to the lab. I couldn't get it to unlock. There was a Public Safety guy out there so I asked if he could just unlock it for me. He put the little key in and manually unlocked it...but now it won't lock. So now we need to call SRC or something and have them come fix it. Woops.
What are you up to today? Are you staying warm?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment